This year has been sooo crazy for us. Sam found a new job because the company he was working for is going under. He found a job in Escalante and we were/are excited. We both missed southern Utah! On the way down to Tropic to start his new job his boss/owner of the company crashed his plane and was killed. We had a hard time grasping the news. Things like that happen in books, not in real life! Well it seems that we are living in a book, because it happened. The widow and her brother-in-law decided to keep the company going and asked Sam to run things. 3 weeks after working he found out that he was on the list to deploy in April....really, living in a book.
I decided that maybe I should work on the blogging thing. I am hoping that this next year I will be able to do more of it and in turn have it sort of be a comfort for me. This next year is going to be a very challenging one. Sam is being deployed in April for a year. I am not one that handles being a single parent very well. I love my kids. Love them more than words can say, but as Sam has said "you're not raising children. You're raising little people"...They seem like adults stuck in kids bodies. My kids have ADHD and also are EXTREMELY smart and that combination is a challenge. To top things off I am also working on a Masters degree in Human Services Marriage and Family counseling. I think I am out of my mind, which isn't really a surprise or a new thing.
I am moving to Tropic to be closer to family. I am currently looking for a house, but there just isn't much here. I am finding that it is making me just a tad bit stressed. By tad bit, I really mean EXTREMELY stressed. I have the greatest family ever and they have bent over backwards to help me in anyway I need it. Without them I would be completely lost and falling apart. I know that there is a God and that He was aware of me and my life and the struggles I would go through. I know this because he sent me to a family that He knew I would need. They are my best friends. I hope they know how much they mean to me.
We just celebrated Angela's 8th birthday. I can't believe it has been 8 years since we welcomed her into our little family. I am so glad that she came to our family and that the was the first. She has helped me soooo much. Especially when I had the 3 boys. She would do the cleaning and anything that I needed her to do. We also baptized her on Sunday the 24th. She was so nervous. She about hyperventilated when she came out of the water. Joshua cried because he couldn't get baptized, Gideon climbed up in the chair wanting a blessing, and Xander cried because he wanted his own scriptures. Ron (bishopric member) came up to me after and said that I was doing something right and whatever I was doing to keep doing it. I don't think he was talking about stressing out and having no patience. It seems that is all I am doing lately. I am looking forward for the day that things calm down...haha right.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment